Sunday, September 4, 2011

Personal Traits

Personals personality is a huge factor in coaching. Getting to know your kids and what motivates them and what discourages or stress them is very important. Last season one of our guys Jason did a personality profile with the team as a bonding exercise and as away for them to better understand how to get the best of each other. Tom B. and I had a chat about his strategy and Tom forwarded on to me a profile test they used at his work. He thought it was pretty accurate even the things he didn't want to hear, but it was mostly correct. So I tried it back in March and I tried it again today to see if time would produce a different result. Well it came back the same and now I am left to wonder why I have so much in common with Napoleon Bonaparte, Hillary Clinton, and Margaret Thatcher. I am not sure if I will have my current team take the test (my concern being they are to young for it to be relevant) but I also don't see why I should not. If there is a chance to increase effective learning, I will take it. I would love to know what improves their drive and how to avoid being the source of frustration. So I think we will give it a try. Again I found it about 95% accurate the good and the not so good.

Click Here to take the test.